The possession, acquisition, management, use, and provision of personal information provided by users when submitting electronic applications, comments, proposals, and inquiries on Study in Shizuoka Web sites shall be conducted appropriately and in accordance with the Shizuoka Personal Information Protection Regulations.
１. Scope of Personal Information
- Personal information is an individual’s name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth and other information that will allow a specific individual to be identified and that is obtained via Study in Shizuoka Web sites.
2. Limitations on Possession of Personal Information
- When Study in Shizuoka possesses personal information, it shall limit the intended use to the greatest possible extent.
- Study in Shizuoka shall not keep personal information that is not necessary for achieving the intended use.
3. Limitations on Acquisition of Personal Information
- When acquiring personal information, Study in Shizuoka shall, as a general rule, acquire the information directly form the individual concerned in an appropriate and lawful manner.
- Study in Shizuoka shall not, as a general rule, acquire personal information concerning opinions, beliefs, or religious beliefs.
- When personal information is acquired directly form the individual in writing, as a general rule, the intended use of that information shall be indicated to that individual.
4. Proper Management of Personal Information
- Personal information shall be made to correspond with the facts within the scope of its intended use.
- Measures shall be taken to prevent disclosure and leaks of personal information.
- When handling of personal information is outsourced, necessary measures shall be taken to protect that information.
5. Limitations on Use and Provision of Personal Information
- Personal information in the possession of Study in Shizuoka shall not, as a general rule, be used or provided to others for any purpose other than its intended purpose.
- When providing personal information, Study in Shizuoka shall require that the recipient take measures necessary to protect that information.
- When personal information is provided to others via computers connected to the Internet or other networks, measures shall be taken to protect that information.
6. Requests for Disclosure, Correction, and Termination of Use of Personal Information
- Any individual may request disclosure of personal information concerning the individual in the possession of Study in Shizuoka.
(The legal guardian of a minor or adult ward may request disclosure on behalf of the individual.)
- If an individual believes that personal information received in response to a request for disclosure is incorrect or inaccurate, the individual may request that the information be corrected.
- If an individual believes that personal information received in response to a request for disclosure is not being handled properly, the individual may request that use of that information be terminated and the information deleted or provision of that information terminated.
7. Encryption of Transmitted Data
- On Web pages where electronic applications, comments, proposals, and inquiries can be submitted, email forms (a function for sending e-mail to a specified address from a Web site) whose addresses start with https:// encrypt data (using secure sockets layer) for transmission.
8. Access Log
- Study in Shizuoka records the information of those who have accessed the Study in Shizuoka website in the form of an access log. The access log includes the IP address of the person who accessed, the type of browser used, the date and time of access, etc.
- Access logs are used for website maintenance and statistical analysis of usage, but are not used for any other purpose.
9. Use of Google Analytics
10. Personal Information Disclosure Request / Inquiry Desk